- An example of a bund is a dike.
- An example of a bund is a group fighting for socialism.
- a league or confederation
- a political organization; specif., the German-American Bund, a former pro-Nazi organization in the U.S.
Origin of bundGerman ; from root of binden, bind
Origin of bundAnglo-Indian ; from Hindi band, embankment, dike ; from Persian bändär, harbor
Origin of bundHindi band, from Persian, from Middle Persian, from Avestan *banda-, from Old Iranian; see bhendh- in Indo-European roots.
- An association, especially a political association.
- often Bund A pro-Nazi German-American organization of the 1930s.
- often Bund A European Jewish socialist movement founded in Russia in 1897.
Origin of bundGerman, from Middle High German bunt; see bhendh- in Indo-European roots.
From German Bund (“alliance, league”)
(third-person singular simple present bunds, present participle bunding, simple past and past participle bunded)
- To provide berms or other secondary enclosures to guard against accidental fluid spills within.
- Plant room floors are generally bunded and/or waterproofed to contain any leaks or spillages of liquids and fluids from faulty tanks, plant or pipe work. RIW Ltd. Waterproofing Products
bund - Investment & Finance Definition
A German Treasury security.